Friday, December 25, 2009

Tradition


Meat for Beef Fondue


Steamed Lemon Artichoke

Twice Baked Potatoes


Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake

May your Christmas be as FULL-filling as mine! :)

And may your humor be less cringe-worthy.

Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
From Junior League Celebration Cookbook

Flour for dusting
1 package chocolate cake mix (we use Devil's Food)
1 four ounce package instant chocolate pudding mix
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup warm water
4 large eggs

Preheat over to 350. Coat a bundt pan with vegetable oil cooking spray - dust with flour.

Combine the cake mix and instant pudding mix in a large bowl. Add the chocolate chips, sour cream, oil, water, and eggs, mixing until well blended. Pour into the pan. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. Cool completely before removing from the pan. Serve with vanilla ice cream and raspberry puree.

Raspberry Puree
1 bag frozen raspberries, defrosted
1 tsp. cornstarch
2 tablespoons cold water
Juice of 1/2 lemon

Puree the raspberries. Place in saucepan. Mix the cornstarch with the water. Stir into the puree. Cook over low heat until thickened slightly. Add the lemon juice and 2 tablespoons raspberry liquor, if desired. Serve hot.

7 comments:

Food, she thought. said...

There is nothing I would rather eat than an artichoke. Literally, nothing. Steamed, grilled, fried...

The Duo Dishes said...

The traditions will never leave us. That's what makes the holidays what they are. Enjoy! :)

Gastronomer said...

Merry Christmas, D takes a B!! Your family's traditions look delicious :-)

Anna A. said...

Mmmmm looks like cozy family fun and the chocolate chip bundt cake looks yammy! Merry xmas TALF!

LetMeEatCake Eat With Me! said...

Your family tradition looks lovely! I've never heard of beef fondue, but I bet it is the best thing ever! And the bundt cake looks so good, I'm coming to your house next year!

yutjangsah said...

Beef Fondue sounds kickass my friend. I'll be wishing Santa gives me as corny a sense of humor as yours. Mine is pretty corny but yours is worse. Much much worse! I love it.

Diana said...

Liz - Yeah? I like the leaves, but the heart is what always gets me! :) Cube had a nice version on their menu a couple weeks ago -- amazing dipping sauce!

Crystal & Amir - So true! Christmas Eve would not be the same without my mom's beef fondue!

Cathy - Merry Christmas! I need to come up with a good nickname for you in 2010. Gastronomer is just way too impersonal for my purposes!

Anna - The cake is so easy too! Gotta love the recipes that use mixes. :)

Nastasshia - Beef fondue is so good! We make a fancy beef broth/stock and then cook each piece of meat in it. The meet is so tender and flavorful!

Sook - I love bad humor/puns. It makes me chuckle in a Santa Claus kind of way. Sometimes I slap my knees just for fun.